Men's Absorbency Guide
Zorbies Men's Incontinence Underwear Absorbency Guide
Use this Absorbency Guide to determine which of our washable urinary incontinence underwear products will best handle your needs. The information in the "Which Absorbency Level Do I Need?" section below the chart may also help you to confirm which of our products is right for you.
Absorbency Guide to Zorbies Incontinence Products for Men
Which Absorbency Level Do I Need?
While some companies choose to quote exact product absorbency capacity levels we are going to take a different approach, here’s why.
Product capacity level statements are often made based on lab tests conducted under specific conditions. Here's one example we found. Statement - product capacity is 10 oz. After some research we found that the result is based on 10 oz being added slowly over the course of 12 hours. So, while it’s true that the product can hold 10 oz under that scenario, it’s not that useful to daily living. What if you have an 8 oz leak all at once?
The reality is that assessing incontinence involves several factors which are highly variable and difficult to quantify even for the same person, let alone in general – e.g. every leak isn’t the exact same amount, some days you have more leaks, others you have fewer. So, matching needs to absorbency level isn’t easy to do either.
That’s why we are choosing to provide information on the factors to consider as well as different situations to help you match your needs to absorbency level. So, here goes.
What absorbency level you need depends on:
- The amount of each leak
- How often you leak
- The total amount accumulated and over what time period, so...
How does this help me choose between LightZorb and ModerateZorb Absorbent Underwear?
Keeping these factors in mind can help you choose the right protection level now, and also help you to monitor and address changing incontinence needs. And, here are some guidelines for our products based on these factors:
- If you have infrequent drips or light dribbles that don’t add up to much over the course of the day then LightZorb will be fine
- If you have more frequent drips or light dribbles LightZorb should still be fine, just make sure to change as soon as you start to feel the build up
- If you have more dribbles that drips, watch the frequency and switch to ModerateZorb if the situation starts to outpace the lighter protection level
- Choose ModerateZorb if your leaks are occasional and more than a dribble but not a big stream or a full bladder void
- If your situation is more than a dribble but at higher frequency, ModerateZorb should handle it if you are changing often enough to keep ahead of the situation
- If you are constantly changing ModerateZorb, or start to have heavy leakage all at once or full bladder voids, then washables may no longer be a good choice for you
We are also outlining below various incontinence situations matched to which absorbency level addresses each. As you make your final decision, please also remember that no matter what incontinence protection you use:
- Incontinence/Absorbent underwear are designed to 'catch and contain' urine so it doesn't get to your clothing or surroundings until you can change into a dry pair, because....
- Prolonged exposure to urine can cause skin irritation, or even infections. So, always change frequently enough to feel dry and stay healthy
What Is The Best Incontinence Underwear For Your Needs?
Urinary Incontinence Situation
|Which Absorbency Level do I need?|
|I have drips and dribbles but only when I do certain things like lift something heavy, bend over or sometimes when I laugh|
I have a few drips and dribbles over the course of the day, even if I'm not active or exerting myself
Sometimes I can't completely empty my bladder so have drips or dribbles between bathroom visits
I have leaks over the course of the day, each is more than a dribble, but not a full stream / full bladder void
I can’t always get to the bathroom in time and sometimes leak, so need protection until I get there. We are recommending ModerateZorb here because higher protection just gives you more time to react, i.e. if it takes a bit of time to get to the bathroom
Most of the time I can get to the bathroom, but I have a medical condition and can leak unexpectedly
|Disposable pads work really well for me and I use light absorbent shields to take care of occasional drips and dribbles||PocketWear|
|Disposable pads work really well for me, I use super absorbent guards to handle my leaks||PocketWear|
|I have frequent or constant leakage that adds up fast||Washables may not be right for you. See other options here|
|I have heavy leaks that come all at once||Washables may not be right for you. See other options here|