Personal information collected
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through our Site we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”. We use this Order Information generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site and also to communicate with you.
Zorbies uses the e-mail address that you provide when you make a purchase from us to communicate with you about your order and the order process, including but not limited to sending order and shipping confirmations, providing you with relevant product information and updates as well as other order related items. If you opt-in to receive our Newsletter you may also receive e-mails with offers, announcements, news, and other relevant store information. If you choose to supply your postal address in an online form, and have opted-in to receive our Newsletter, you may receive mailings from us as well.
Personal information collected
When you visit the Site certain information about your device is automatically collected, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, information about the individual web pages or products that you view is collected, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information” and it is collected using the following technologies:
- “Cookies”. From time to time, a “cookie” may be sent to your computer. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie can’t read data off your hard drive or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system. Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our sites, or to identify which areas of our network of Web sites you have visited (i.e. e-commerce sites, etc.). This information may be used to better personalize the content you see on our sites. Many websites place cookies on your hard drive. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. Your browser can refuse all cookies, or show you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our site and other Web sites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, this Order Information is used to:
- Communicate with you as described above;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
Device Information is used to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal Information
Your Personal Information is shared with third parties to help us use it as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We may use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We are concerned about the privacy of young children and do not knowingly collect any personal information from a child under 13. We encourage you to become involved with your child’s access to the Internet and to our site in order to ensure that his or her privacy is well protected. To read more about online safety and how to become more involved with your child’s online experience, visit the Federal Trade Commission Web site. You may also benefit from the information and resources available on ProtectKids.com.
Please Email us for more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint.